Happy Sunday, friends! It’s been over a week (!) since I last posted, thanks to this January sickness that I am having a hard time kickin’. Usually I LOVE the new year and working towards my new year goals, but this month has honestly been a drag for me, which is why I’m so soo pumped for FEBRUARY – Groundhog day, my birthday month, AND Valentine’s Day – all things that I look forward to each year (I’m a festive girl, let me tell ya!).
In light of the day of love coming up right around the corner, I decided to create a quick, fun list of 7 Valentine’s Day date ideas for anyone who is planning (or needs to plan) a little somethin’ somethin’ for Tuesday, February 14th. Of course, being the foodie that I am, most of these ideas involve food! Check ’em out below.
- Wake up an hour early and make a breakfast feast (whatever that is for you!) to surprise your boo. Kick it up a notch and serve breakfast in bed.
- Send over an order of your guy’s favorite take-out for lunch + a cute, lovey dovey Paperless Post e-card delivered in his inbox around the same time that his lunch arrives.
- Adventurous? Or want to be? Plan a date night out rock climbing then grab some ramen or sushi afterward.
- Pair happy hour drinks with salsa dancing (and be home and in bed at a decent hour to have even more fun giving each other personal massages).
- Enjoy a romantic couple’s dinner at your local zoo! Many zoos offer a multi-course dinner with drinks and a fun animal-inspired presentation. *Note: If you’re in New York City, you can name a cockroach after your Valentine at the Bronx Zoo, no joke. More here.
- In the morning, throw a recipe together in your crockpot for a quick Valentine’s dinner at night then spend time in the evening making a special dessert (like this one) together. Enjoy it while binge-watching your favorite show.
- Enjoy a “play” date at an arcade or a laser tag venue and share a bag of cotton candy!
Which date option sounds best to you? I would tell you which one I’m leaning towards, but my main squeeze reads le blog soo I’ll have to let ya’ll know after Valentine’s Day!
I also wanted to share one of my favorite quotes about love because it’s just too perfect for me NOT to share:
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Shultz
I’d love to hear what you have up your sleeve for V-day 2017! Share with us in the comments below.