Twenty days. There are only 20 days left in 2016 – such craziness. Having been unemployed for 4 months of this year, I don’t know where this time went, but it sure did fly by. While giving thanks before eating Thanksgiving dinner, I mentioned how grateful I am for struggle. It’s amazing what growth happens when you are pushed or put in an uncomfortable situation, and man oh man, was that the case this year. I’m so happy to say that I feel like losing my job was the best thing that happened to me this year. I have really gained so much from such a devastating experience and am happier than I have been in a long time.
To round out 2016, I want to get a few more things done before welcoming 2017, which I plan on continuing to work on from the comfort of my parent’s couch in Illinois, and includes:
- Plan blog posts for January and February in my 2017 editorial calendar
- Create 30 Instagram images for January that are ready to post
- Watch a tutorial and learn how to add ads (only ones from brands that I love) to my blog
- Join 2 more group Pinterest boards (millennial/lifestyle/personal development related)
- Implement what I learned from the 5-day Pinterest course I took
- Spend quality time with my family
- Stay active throughout the holiday season (this one is tough when I go home)
- Review my budget for 2017
- Take family photos
- Enjoy a holiday movie marathon (The Holiday, Love Actually, The Grinch, Elf, and all things on Hallmark!)
Of course, I’d love to do a million more things but want to keep this list feasible for the 20 days that are left in the year (EEEEK).
What are your goals for what’s left of 2016? Tell me, tell me, tell me!