Warm, gooey, nutty banana bread. Mmm…My mouth is literally watering as I write this! I’ve always loved banana bread; I’ve honestly been kind of a banana bread snob, only craving the barely-baked-enough-to-eat kind.
Today I’m going to share a delicious recipe for bite-sized (okay, technically two bites) banana bread muffins that are to die for.
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F then grease or line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the 3 bananas.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and agave nectar to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl – the coconut flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, allspice, and sea salt until combined.
- Fold in the walnuts to the mixture.
- Use a spoon to pour the batter into the muffin cups (will be a thick consistency).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes (the timing will depend on your oven) then place on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Take the muffins out of the muffin pan and enjoy these warm and gooey beauties!
- For a sweeter option, you can add 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips with the crushed walnuts into the mixture.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as I do! Tag @makingitmillennial on your Instagram so I can be sure to savor the views.