Who doesn’t love a good cup of joe? I actually just started drinking coffee about a year and a half ago because of my workplace’s office culture. Coffee was a big deal there. Luckily for me, I’m not addicted to it and don’t need it every day, but I do enjoy having it a couple days a week.
Earlier this year, I was watching one of Juli Bauer’s Snapchat stories, and she had this fancy Starbuck’s drink that people seriously lost their shit over. It was like a frappuccino – no frap – with a banana. I had a little bit of a hard time following exactly what was in it, but Juli made another story and explained how you could make something similar at home. I loved the idea of a coffee smoothie, so here’s my take on Juli’s homemade banana frappuccino:
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coffee (whichever kind you prefer)
- 2 large ice cubes
- Brew coffee as usual.
- While coffee is brewing, situate blender (I have a single-serving one) for use.
- In the blender container, add the frozen banana, ice cubes, and milk.
- Once the coffee is ready, add a cup of it to the blender container.
- Blend all the ingredients together for 30-45 seconds.
- Grab a glass, pour the coffee smoothie into it, and enjoy!
That’s all there is to it! I love both the layer of froth at the top and the hint of banana with my favorite coffee blend (french roast). Also, did anyone realize that there’s no added sugar up in here?! I’d love for you to give this smoothie a try. Tag @makingitmillennial on Instagram so I can be sure to see this awesome morning smoothie helping to jumpstart your day!