Growing up, I had no idea how complicated life gets as an adult; my biggest worries were what grade I was going to earn on my calc test and if my sister would take me to the mall with her over the weekend. Now in my late twenties, life’s a tad bit more complicated these days: living and working in NYC while saving up for buying a home, debating getting a dog, trying to balance work, passion projects, and personal life- the list goes on and on.
I’ve realized, however, that the more complicated life gets, the more I enjoy simple pleasures that bring me happiness in my day-to-day life. Today I thought would be fun to share them with ya’ll, and then you can tell me yours, too!
This list is in no particular order, I’m just writing what comes to my mind.
- Getting up early to enjoy a cup of coffee, writing blog posts, and having quiet “me” time in the AM.
- Clean, warm bed sheets (I swear I slumber like Sleeping Beauty when I have clean sheets on my bed).
- Having a fresh flower bouquet in the living room (I get $4 bouquets at my local grocery store!).
- Finding the dishwasher empty (#winning).
- Listening to personal development podcasts on my commute to/from work (right now I’m obsessing over Jenna Kutcher’s Goal Digger podcast!).
- Laughing so hard my belly hurts.
- Having manicured nails.
- Cuddling with my boyfriend.
- Looking through photo albums.
- Enjoying a glass of wine (or two) while relaxing on a Sunday night with candles lit and Spotify playing.
I enjoy many more simple pleasures, but I’ll save them for a Part II blog post. I’d love to hear some of your own simple pleasures in life – are they similar or different than mine? Share them in the comments below.